Here is how to make a delicious Buko Pandan. Buko Pandan Salad is a Filipino dessert made from strips of young coconut meat, gelatin, nata de coco, small tapioca and cream. It is a type of cold dessert usually served after meal or for an afternoon dessert or snack.
This Buko Pandan Salad recipe is quick and easy to make. You can prepare the gelatin or the gulaman a day before so it will firm and ready to mix with the rest of the ingredients. Cooking small tapioca pearls seems challenging to make but not really. Boiling the sago or tapioca for about 15 minutes or until almost done is the key. Make sure to rinse and drain in water for few times and soak in water prior to using. I also added sugar while making the gelatin and the sago. It taste a lot better with sugar so only one can of condensed milk was used.
Give this Buko Pandan Salad recipe a try. Make this today and share with family and friends or save this link for future use. This Buko Pandan Salad is great for parties or for potlucks. Make is a day before and this recipe is good for 10-12 servings.
Learn how to make this simple and delicious Buko Pandan Salad by watching the easy to follow cooking video below. The instructions below will guide you from making the gelatin to how to make a perfect tapioca pearls and how a make a party version of Buko Pandan Salad.
Check related dessert recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1 pack 24 grams Buko Pandan gulaman powder (Don Frank brand)
- 1/2 cup uncooked small tapioca (sago) pearls
- 1 can 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 pack 270 ml Nestle all purpose cream - chilled
- 2-3 cups of young coconut strips - drained well
- 1 1/2 cup nata de coco - drained well
- 1 tsp pandan essence
How to Make the Gelatin
- In a sauce pan, add 6 cups of water and sprinkle buko pandan gelatin powder. Stir to dissolve completely. Heat and add 1/2 cup of sugar. Continue to stir until jelly comes to a near (not boiling) boil. Pour into a mold and allow to cool until jelly is firm enough to cut. Refrigerate for faster settling. (or cook gelatin according to packet directions.
How to Cook the Tapioca Pearls
- In a sauce pan, bring 6 cups of water into a quick boil. Add tapioca pearls and cook for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir to dissolve sugar completely. Continue to cook for additional 5 minutes or until sago is translucent or almost cooked.
- Rinse and drain sago few times in running water. Transfer in a bowl and add enough water to cover the sago until ready to use.
Buko Pandan Salad Instructions
- Cut pandan gelatin into cubes and set aside.
- Using a wide mixing bowl, combine condensed milk and all purpose cream. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add young coconut meat, nata de coco, pandan gelatin and drained sago to the cream. Gently stir to combine together. Drizzle with pandan essence and gently mix to combine.
- Cover bowl and best when chilled overnight. Serve chilled or transfer in small bowl before serving. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Macaroni Fruit Salad|
|Minatamis na Saging|