Ginataang Mais is the Filipino version of coconut rice pudding with whole kernel corn. Ginataang Mais is so simple and easy to make using basic ingredients. It is a mix of glutinous rice or malagkit, coconut milk and corn.
Ginataang Mais is so delicious and can be served as a dessert or for midday snack. Sometimes, langka or jackfruit or young coconut meat are added. Ginataang Mais is also known as lugaw na mais.
Try this budget friendly Ginataang Mais recipe and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the easy to follow cooking video on how to make this affordable dessert. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way.
Don't forget to check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Filipino Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 3 cups of water
- 1/2 cup glutinous rice (sweet or sticky rice) rinsed and drained
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 - 15 oz whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1/3 cup regular sugar (add more as needed)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- In a deep pan or pot, heat and add water and rice. Bring into a quick boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer while stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes or until rice is halfway cooked.
- Pour-in coconut milk and add salt. Stir gently and continue to simmer over low heat for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add corn and sugar. Stir gently to dissolve sugar. Simmer until rice is fully cooked and creamy. Add vanilla extract and stir. Allow to cook for few more minutes. Transfer in a serving bowl and serve while hot. Enjoy!
Other flavors like young coconut meat and/or langka can be added or used in making Ginataan for dessert or snack.
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Ginataang Saging at Sago|
|Macaroni Fruit Salad|