This Chicken Teriyaki is a super easy recipe cooked in less than 30 minutes and no marinading needed. Juicy and tender chicken glazed in a flavorful home-made teriyaki sauce. Serve this juicy chicken cooked in homemade teriyaki sauce over rice as a quick dinner.
Learn how to make this easy and simple Chicken Teriyaki recipe using basic ingredients by watching the video below. The instructions below should guide you every step of the way. Make it today and share with family and friends or save this link for later use.
If you haven't made your own teriyaki sauce before, you will be surprised how easy it is using basic ingredients that you might already have in your pantry and you will be delighted with the flavor. Salty sweet sauce that is great not only for chicken but also for fish, pork chops and thin slices of beef.
Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 thumb size ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1-2 lbs boneless chicken thighs or breast with skin
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- In a bowl, combine soy sauce, water, brown sugar, honey, ginger and garlic. Stir well to dissolve sugar and set aside.
- Sprinkle chicken with some salt on both side and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
- Toast sesame seeds until lightly browned and set aside.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add cooking oil. Pan fry chicken (skin side first) for about 3-5 minutes on each side until lightly browned and set aside.
- In a clean pan, pour-in soy sauce mixture and simmer for about 5 minutes. Add fried chicken to the pan and simmer until sauce is reduced and chicken is fully cooked over medium heat while turning the chicken over for few times to coat evenly for maybe about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and chopped green onions before serving. Best when served over steamed rice while still hot. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)