Mango Sago Jelly
Mango Sago Jelly is a refreshing Filipino dessert. This mango dessert recipe is very easy to prepare using ripe mangoes, mini tapioca or sago, gelatin and cream. It has a perfect blend of sweet and creamy mixture. Mango Sago Jelly is best when served chilled.
It's mango season right now here in the Philippines and it's very affordable. This mango sago jelly is made from fresh mangoes, small tapioca pearls, gelatin mixed with all purpose cream and condensed milk so delicious that you will want all summer long. So creamy and refreshing.
Check related recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. You can also follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Pinterest for frequent updates of delicious home-cooking dishes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 1/2 cup mini sago
- 1/2 cup sugar (light brown or white)
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose cream (I always used Nestle cream brand)
- 6-7 pieces large mangoes (cubed)
- 2 cups cooked gelatin (cooked per package directions)
- Bring water into a boil. Once boiling, slowly add the mini (tapioca) sago. Cook for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally. Add sugar and stir. Allow to cook for additional 5 minutes or until translucent. Remove from heat. Rinse and drain sago in running water for few times until no longer hot. Place in a bowl and soak in water until ready to use.
- Cook gelatin per package direction. Allow to cool until jelly is firmed enough to cut. Cut into cubes and set aside. Refrigerate for faster settling.
- Using a blender, combine condensed milk and all purpose cream, and blend for a minute. Add 1 cup of cubed mango and blend until smooth.
- Pour mango cream into a wide bowl. Add cubed gelatin, cooked and drained mini sago and the remaining cubed mangoes. Gently stir to evenly distribute. Cover bowl and refrigerate until chilled (I suggest refrigerate overnight for better result) and serve cold. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
Post a Comment