Upo at Giniling
Here is how to cook Ginisang Upo at Giniling or sauteed ground meat with bottle gourd. Ginisang Upo at Giniling is another simple and healthy Filipino recipe using affordable ingredients yet delicious and budget-friendly. This easy vegetable recipe is one of my favorite using ground chicken specially when I feel I have to eat something healthy.
You can use other type of meat such as ground pork or beef or even thin slices of pork with shrimp and also sardines. Thin slices of red bell pepper is added to this recipe for added flavor. This dish doesn't require too much time and effort to prepare, and can be ready for dinner in no-time. Anyone can cook this no-fail healthy Ginisang Upo at Giniling recipe that is perfect even with brown rice.
Give this simple Ginisang Upo at Giniling recipe a try. Make it today and share with your family and friends. Learn how to make this delicious and healthy Filipino dish that is also kids-friendly by watching the cooking video below. The instructions below will also guide you the steps.
Check related upo or bottle gourd recipes below. Just click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. FOLLOW Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 2 tbsp olive (or any) oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 lb ground chicken (pork, beef, shrimp or mixed)
- 1 Knorr chicken cube
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 cup water
- around 3 lbs upo (bottle gourd), sliced into bite size
- 1 small red bell pepper, sliced thin
- salt as needed
- Heat pan over medium-low heat and add oil. Saute onion and garlic until fragrant for about a minute or two. Add slices of tomatoes and cook until soft for about few minutes. Add ground meat and cook for about 5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add Knorr chicken cube, ground pepper and fish sauce. Stir and cook for few minutes. Pour-in water and stir. Cover pan and simmer for 10-15 minutes until meat is fully cooked. Add more water as needed.
- Add upo slices and stir to combine. Allow to cook for few minutes until upo or bottle gourd is half cooked. Add in bell pepper and stir gently. Cook for another minute and stir. Serve while hot with your choice of steamed rice. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Upo at Togue|
|Upo with Shrimp|
|Upo at Sotanghon Soup|
|Upo with Chicken Meatballs|