Ginger Beef is made of thin slices strips of beef, fried until crispy with colorful vegetable coated with sweet ginger sauce and toasted sesame seeds. This Ginger Beef is quick and easy to make and a great weeknight meal. This restaurant inspired Ginger Beef dish is full of flavor in every bite and best served over steamed rice.
There are so many easy ways to prepare beef for a quick weeknight meal and I must say, this Ginger Beef is not only easy to make but also simple and savory in every bite. Serve while still warm with a side of rice. I think skirt steak or flank steak works best for this recipe but you can also use cheaper cuts of beef.
Give this Ginger Beef recipe a try. Make it today and share with family and friends. This Ginger Beef is also kids friendly so surprise them with a new recipe. Watch the video below to learn how to make this delicious beef dish. The instructions below will also help you with the steps. Check related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos. Try this Ginger Beef recipe and let me know how you like it. For questions, email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a comment below. You can also reach me on Casa Baluarte's Facebook page or my YouTube channel.
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 lb beef (flank or steak beef), cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 cup cooking oil, for frying
- 2 tbsp cooking oil of sauteing
- 1/2 tsp peppercorns, cracked
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 small carrot, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup water
For the Sauce:
- In a wide bowl, combine cornstarch and beef strips. Toss well to coat each piece of beef with cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a small pan, heat over medium-low and toast sesame seeds. Cook until golden light brown while stirring regularly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame oil. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- In a pan, heat 1 cup of cooking oil over high heat. Shake excess cornstarch off the beef and fry beef in batches until golden brown and crispy while stirring occasionally. Remove fried beef and place in a wire rack or a plate lined with paper towels. Set aside.
- Using a wok, heat over medium heat and add 2 tbsp cooking oil. Add cracked peppercorns and chili flakes, and do a quick stir. Add onion, garlic, ginger and saute until aromatic for about a minute or two. Add carrots and cook for about a minute or until carrots are tender. Add green onions and stir.
- Pour-in sauce mixture and water. Stir to combine and simmer until sauce is slightly thicker for about 3 minutes. Add fried beef to the wok and toss to coat beef with the sauce. Add toasted sesame seeds and toss. Garnish with more green onions and serve over rice. Enjoy!
(click on pictures or name link below the picture to see complete recipe)