Here is delicious and affordable Filipino dessert that you can simply make at home. Kamote Delight or Camote Delight is so easy and simple to make. This Filipino dessert is so easy to prepare and the steps are very basic. A simple sweet potato recipe that is so good and good for business too.
Give this Kamote Delight recipe a try. A great dessert for any gatherings and you also can make this a day before serving. Make it today and share with family and friends or save this link for later use. Watch the short cooking video below and learn how to make this great tasting dessert. The instructions below are pretty basic and will help you guide with the simple steps.
With this Kamote or Camote Delight recipe, you can either steam, boil, bake or broil the sweet potatoes unpeeled until soft. Whatever is easy for you. I would also suggest to refrigerate it overnight before adding the grated cheese then cut and serve with hot tea or coffee.
Check out related recipes below. Click on the name link below the picture to see complete recipe. Follow CASA BALUARTE RECIPES on FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for more delicious home-cooking recipe and easy to follow cooking videos.
- 5-6 cups water
- 2 lbs sweet potato, peeled and quartered
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 can - 14 ounces condensed milk
- 1 - 250 ml Nestle All Purpose Cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- butter or margarine for greasing
- 1/2 to 1 cup grated cheese
- Bring water into a boil. Place sweet potatoes on a steamer and steam for 15-20 minutes until soft. (If you prefer to boil, place sweet potatoes directly in boiling water and boil for about 15 minutes or until soft. Remove cooked sweet potatoes from the pot and drain well) Let it cool for few minutes. Mash the potatoes using a potato masher or a fork and mash until smooth. Set aside.
- In a wide pan, melt butter over low heat. Add condensed milk and all purpose cream to the pan. Stir to combine the mixture well. Add vanilla extract and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook over low heat until sauce thickened. Set aside 1/2 a cup of the sauce for toppings.
- Add mashed sweet potatoes to the mixture. Mix until all the ingredients are well distributed. Continue cooking over low heat while stirring regularly until mixture turns smooth and thick.
- Grease the tray or the pan with butter. Transfer the sweet potato mixture onto the tray and smoothen the top. Allow to cool completely for about 2-3 hours.
- Spread the saved milk sauce on top and refrigerate for few hours (or overnight for better result). Top with grated cheese and serve. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Biko with Latik|
Post a Comment