Bulgogi is a popular and a well known Korean dish. Beef Bulgogi is incredibly easy to make in the comfort of your home. Sirloin, rib eye or brisket are frequently used cuts of beef for this dish. Thin slices of beef are marinated in a delicious mixture of soy sauce, mirin (or sweet rice wine), sesame, ginger and garlic. Marinated slices of beef can be grilled on a barbecue or on a stove-top griddle.
Watch the short video below to learn how to make this delicious Korean Beef Bulgogi. Give this Korean Beef Bulgogi recipe a try and let me know how you like it! Comment below or email me @email@example.com. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Check related recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Prep-Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
Marinating Time: 1 hour
- 1 lb beef (flank, rib eye, skirt steak, sirloin or brisket), thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced into 1/2 to 1 inches
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp (packed) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- chopped green onions for garnishing
- In a mixing bowl, place thin slices of beef, carrots, onions and green onions. Toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, mirin, sesame oil, water, brown sugar, garlic, ginger and toasted sesame seeds. Mix marinade well to combine.
- Mix marinade with beef and vegetables. Toss gently until well combined and each piece of beef is coated with marinade. Let it marinate for at least an hour (or up to overnight) in the refrigerator.
- Frying Bulgogi: Pre-heat pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Add marinated beef and vegetables to the pan, and the left over marinade. Let it cook until the beef is no longer pink while stirring until cooked through for about 5-6 minutes, tossing every few minutes until slightly caramelized.
- Grilling Bulgogi: Pre-heat grill. Grill marinated beef over medium-high heat until slightly caramelized.
- Serve hot over steamed rice with kimchi or steamed vegetables topped with chopped green onions. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the pictures to see complete recipes)