Pineapple Glazed Ham
How to make Filipino Style Pineapple Glazed Ham. This Ham recipe is not an ordinary ham. It is a special ham cooked Filipino style cooked in sweet and tangy liquid, topped with glazed pineapple and baked until nicely browned. Oh yes, don't forget to top this Pineapple Glazed Ham with caramelized pineapple and cherries.
This Pineapple Glazed Ham is so delicious! Imagine slow cooking the ham in pineapple juice, brown sugar, lemon soda and pieces of whole cloves. So good even the left over and great for sandwiches. Easy to make and a great potluck dish idea. Make this Pineapple Glazed Ham a day before the party to save you some time. Give this Pineapple Glazed Ham recipe a try and let me know how you like it by leaving a comment below or email us @ email@example.com.
Watch the short video below to learn how to make this special Filipino style Pineapple Glazed Ham. Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram for more home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
- 4-5 lbs fully cooked ham
- 5 cups pineapple juice
- 2 cups 7-up or sprite
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 20-25 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6-8 sliced pineapple
- 2 cups reserved (poaching) liquid
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Combine pineapple juice, 7-up and brown sugar. Stir well until dissolved. Add ham and 6 pieces of whole cloves making sure ham is submerged in the liquid. Bring into a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for an hour. Remove ham, drain in a roasting rack and allow to cool. Reserve 2 cups of poaching liquid.
- PREPARE THE PINEAPPLE GLAZE: Combine 2 cups of reserved liquid, 1/2 cup brown sugar and crushed pineapple. Stir well until sugar is dissolved. Cook over medium heat until liquid is reduced and thickened for about 5-10 minutes or until syrupy.
- Preheat oven in 350F. Score the ham in diamond pattern. Place whole cloves at the intersection points of the cuts. Cover ham generously with glaze. Bake ham in preheated oven for about 45 minutes while glazing every 15 minutes until nicely browned.
- CARAMELIZED PINEAPPLE: Heat a skillet and add butter. Add pineapple slices and allow to brown over medium heat while turning occasionally until caramelized. Remove and set aside.
- Top the ham with caramelized pineapple and cherries. Slice, serve and enjoy!