How to make a delicious and comforting Adobong Manok or Filipino style Chicken Adobo with thick sweet and savory sauce best when served over rice.
Check chicken related chicken recipes below. Click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes. Follow Casa Baluarte recipes on Facebook and YouTube for more delicious Filipino home-cooking meals and recipes.
- 2-3 lbs chicken parts
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 bulb garlic, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon peppercorn
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine vinegar, soy sauce. garlic, brown sugar, ground pepper and peppercorns. Stir well to dilute sugar.
- Add chicken pieces and toss to marinate chicken well. Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Remove chicken from marinade and allow to drain. Reserve remaining marinade.
- Heat a wide pan and add oil. Add marinated chicken and allow to sear until golden brown turning chicken once.
- Add bay leaves, reserved marinade and water. Allow to simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Cover pan and continue to simmer over medium-high heat until sauce starts to thickens.
- Season with salt as needed. Serve hot over rice and enjoy!