Pork Belly Adobo with Pusit
A tribute to my Papa, his own recipe on how to cook Pork Belly Adobo with Pusit.
If you like Adobong Pusit then this unique squid recipe is for you. It is a combination of Pork Belly Adobo with Adobong Pusit in one. Imagine having your favorite melt in your mouth Pork Belly Adobo with bites of squid. Adobong Pusit is a well-loved Filipino squid dish. A combination of savory and tasty adobo flavor best when served over steamed rice. This Pork Adobo with Pusit is different and I guarantee you will asking for more. Watch the video below on how to cook Pork Belly Adobo with Pusit.
Follow Casa Baluarte Recipes on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest for more delicious home-cooking recipes and easy to follow cooking videos. Don't forget to check related recipes below. Click on the name links below the pictures to see complete recipes.
Pork Belly Adobo with Pusit Cooking Video
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 lbs pork belly, cut into serving pieces
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 pieces bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or to taste
- salt as needed
- 1 lb squid, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 4-5 pieces finger chilies, sliced
- Heat pan and add cooking oil. Add pork belly and sear until light brown over medium-high heat while turning sides as needed.
- Push meat around the pan and add onion. Saute for 30 seconds or until translucent. Add garlic and saute for a minute or until fragrant. Stir to combine. Add vinegar and bring into a boil uncovered without stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, water, bay leaves and peppercorns. Cover pan and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until meat is tender while stirring occasionally. Add a half of cup of water if needed.
- Add oyster sauce, ground pepper and sugar. Stir and cover pan. Continue to simmer until sauce is reduced and pork is fully tender for about 15 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add salt if needed.
- Add squid rings and gently stir to combine. Cook over high heat for 3 to 5 minutes until squid is cooked and liquid is reduced. Add finger chilies and continue to cook for about 2 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
(click on name links below the pictures to see complete recipes)
Post a Comment