Crispy Fried Chicken Wings
Fried chicken wings are so easy to make and always the crowds favorite. The secret to this delicious crispy fried chicken wings is marinating with fish sauce and calamansi juice then poaching the chicken with basic ingredients before frying. I would suggest to marinate overnight and allow the chicken to drain overnight in the refrigerator.
Learn how to make this Crispy Fried Chicken Wings by watching the easy to follow video below. You can marinate and poach the day before or even freeze it until ready to fry. Make this today and share with family and friends or save this recipe for later use. Make sure to refrigerate for at least few hours, it will help the flavor and ensure they are extra crispy when fried.
This Crispy Fried Chicken Wings are deep-fried until crispy on the outside but still juicy inside. You can eat them plain or dip them in banana ketchup or sweet chili sauce. Great for appetizer or a snack or a meal itself. So much crispy skin and probably chicken wings is my favorite part of the chicken even when cooking tinola or adobo.
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- cooking oil
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 10 pieces calamansi or 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 5 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 3 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp peppercorns, cracked
- 2 tbsp rock salt
- To marinate: Rinse chicken under cold water and pat dry using a paper towel. In a wide bowl, combine chicken with fish sauce and calamansi juice. Massage chicken until chicken is evenly coated. Cover container and refrigerate for at least few hours but better overnight for better flavor.
- To poach: Using a medium pot, boil enough water to cover the chicken. Add onion, garlic, bay leaves, cracked peppercorns and rock salt. (add 1 tbsp of salt first then adjust to your liking) Allow to boil for about 10 minutes.
- Add marinated chicken (discard remaining marinade) to the pot and cook for about 10 minutes. Remove chicken from the pot and allow chicken to cool. Refrigerate chicken for at least 2 hours or better overnight for crispier chicken wings.
- Frying: Heat enough cooking oil over medium heat (enough to cover the chicken). Gently deep fry chicken by batch until golden brown and cooked through for about 10 minutes. Turn chicken as needed.
- Once golden brown and crispy, remove chicken from the oil and transfer in a plate lined with paper towels or on a wire rack to drain excess grease. Serve warm with your favorite side like salad or fries or java rice with your favorite dipping sauce like ketchup or sweet chili sauce or mixed. Enjoy!
(click on name link below the picture to see complete recipe)
|Easy Teriyaki Chicken|
|Spicy Chicken Adobo|
|Chicken and Egg Rice Bowl|